- 2.12 – NEW – Would like to start on creating the Royalty signup page and mini site where anyone considered “Royalty” would be able to see their contracts, pay their dues, see their purchases (including ball tickets). This would be accessible by Admin, Site Admin and Royalty themselves.
- 2.3 – NEW – Maid Meghan Hartwell Bitoun spelling is incorrect. Her middle name is actually Harwell with no “T”. Please update in the picture section.
- 2.2 – NEW – Kevin was on the site checking a few things for me over the weekend and he mentioned the website was painfully slow and he sent you a note to ask that you address the issue. Just wanted to officially open up a bug so you can identify the causes of the slowness and rectify before we reopen membership.
Shaved off a couple seconds
- 2.2 – NEW – After we reopen membership for 2022 we will need to come up with a solution for current paid members to “SWAP” their ride to another person who would gain the aforementioned ride after paying $100 plus tax to the Krewe via the Krewe store. Whatever monetary agreement the original rider and the new rider who pays the SWAP Fee has is between them and King Arthur has no assumption of responsibilities to refund the original rider any money. Further, the new rider is then responsible for filling out an application and signing indemnity while the original rider needs to be moved off of all current active listings seen by ADMINS and LTs/Asst Lts. Additionally, we will do our best to offer the new rider their preferred costume size but that is also not fully guaranteed. Again, this is something to focus on after membership has been reopened.
- 2.12 – NEW – We also need to add a DJ signup option for Lieutenants to sign up riders on their floats that they are paying to play music during the route. These members will get a costume but are not to throw beads or use any sort of Microphone. The cost for these DJ rides is undetermined as of yet but I will find out the additional details. Just wanted to be sure it was on the forward plan.
- – 9.17 – We have several plugin updates & theme updates. Are you planning to update to the current versions?
Martin to run all plugin updates and QA functionality.
- – 9.17 – NEW – I downloaded Woo Mobile with the intention of using it. It says we need JetPack plugin to do so but it seems like we already have JetPack plugin installed. Have you seen this before? If so what is the fix?
- 12.3 – NEW – At least a month ago you mentioned that most of the bugs could be addressed in the next few months. I hope that is still the case as holidays are now upon us and we just confirmed that we hope to move forward with opening up 2022 membership by mid Jan. I hope this will be enough time for you to update all affected webpages/forms that reference a date as well as archive all 2021 pages/lists. The dues will stay the same of $425 in 2022 but we will NOT offer an Early Bird at all so just 1 membership level for RIDING member. Prior to this we will need to have a solution for transferring all 2021 dues over to 2022 and requiring all members to sign the new 2022 Indemnity. Hopefully we will have the solution for an adult to electronically sign for their minor as well. Further, we will need to refund all Korn orders prior to that date (hopefully much sooner).
- As always, any bugs still marked assigned to you have unanswered replies/comments that are awaiting input or development as some other bugs not mentioned above probably should be ready to deploy at this time as well (9.10 My Account, 9.10 Royalty Page, etc.)
Will have it ready by next Monday.
We are ready to go but I’m assuming we also need to reset Lieutenant Handbook signature? I still have the registration hidden of course until you want to open up. I’ll try to finish the minor signature shortly.
- 12.18 – REPLY – Yes, we will need to reset LT Handbook as well. Referring to the minor signature, will that be a solution for adults to indemnify their minors online (as opposed to a paper copy)? What of the My account updates and the Royalty page updates mentioned above? Are they in process as well prior to opening membership?
1.5 Reset the Handbook
- 1.5 – OK. We are saving all 2020 information for archiving purposed as opposed to simply “resetting” forms correct? Also, What of the other related bugs mentioned above? FYI – The minor’s will will still have to be saved from 2020 and then all riders that will not be 18 by the time we roll NEXT year will still need the 2nd indemnification unless online solution is ready for Q&A.
New Registrations need to go to /registration. If a rider goes there and has already paid for this year it will give them a link to go to /my-account. Rollover members need to go to /my-account and click Memberships to update their information and click Indemnities to sign their indemnity.
- 1.21 – REPLY – Great, so just to be sure ALL member/Lieutenant facing forms or pages have been updated to reflect the new riding year (2022), all 2021 info was backed up & archived. Has this process has been thoroughly tested.
1.25 Yes, I think we are ready.
- 1.21 – NEW – Can we come up with an option to mark the new 2022 Lieutenant Handbook as signed online. Would basically be changing the date on the previous one and letting the Lts know they need to electronically sign the document. Assistant Lts do NOT need to complete this step.
1.25 I can add that by the end of the week. GREAT!!
- 1.21 – NEW – I will need to split up a few floats and make a few Assistant Lts their own full fledged Lt. I may also need to create a few more brand new Lts. Is it as simple as giving them new roles in WordPress? Will all other forms be automated that utilized LT/Assistant LT information? (Roster, MailChimp, etc.)
1.25 Yes, it can be done from the Users menu in WordPress but let me know if you need some help updating assignments. For example if you want all the members from one lieutenant to be assigned to a new lieutenant, I can update it in the DB rather than reassigning each one through /members.
1.25 Just a little more clarification: If you are swapping lieutenants you should probably add permissions for the new lieutenant, move all the members to the new lieutenant in /members and then remove the permissions from the old lieutenant or send me the changes.
- 1.26 – Would all pertinent Assistant Lt pages (Roster, Mailchimp, etc.) automatically be updated by simply giving the necessary access/permissions whether in WP or in Db? First Lt. that needs to be split is Karen Melancon who is a Current Lt and Del Hamilton (Current Assistant Lt to Karen being made to full Lt.)
1.26 Ran a few more tests including purchasing a membership (then refunding). I think we are good to go on new memberships. So if I understand you correctly the procedure would be:
1. Give Del Hamilton Lieutenant role. Remove Assistant Lieutenant role. Remove Assisting Lieutenant field that is currently pointing to Karen since Del is no longer assistant.
2. From /members, click each of Karen’s members and change Lieutenant to Del (this is where I could save a few minutes with bulk reassign).
3. Remove Lieutenant role from Karen.
- 1.27 – Actually this specific situation would be to have Karen and Del both be a full Lt. I am still awaiting the rider listing for the split from both though. (Karen Melancon- Lt./Penny Caballero – Assistant Lt) then (Del Hamilton Lt./Unknown – Assistant Lt.)
1.27 Added Lieutenant role for Del Hamilton
- 1.28 – REPLY – FYI – I have received Karen’s member split and have assigned the members to Del that were not on said listing. Awaiting confirmation of accuracy from both members and Dels Assistant Lt.
1.28 I see assignments to Del. Good stuff. I added the Lieutenant section to My Account. It can be found here: https://kreweofkingarthur.com/my-account/lieutenant.
- 2.1 – REPLY – I have confirmed that the Lieutenant section is not working properly for several users (Ashley Robichaux, Ann Robichaux, Jared Hydell, Bryan Lowrie) This list is not 100% complete so please debug for all members on the site to be able to see the Lieutenant section properly. I will say that all of these users mentioned above have been with the krewe for a while. Maybe something to investigate
2.2 These users can see their lieutenants.
- 2.1 -NEW – I am still seeing that Assistant Lts are seeing the notification to sign the LT Handbook. Just a quick reminder that there is no Assistant Lt handbook and the Assistant Lt should not be receiving this message at all. Please correct for all Assistant Lts.
2.2 Assistants no longer see the Handbook notification.
- 2.3 – REPLY – What was the issue causing the aforementioned users not being able to see their Lts?
I think I updated the code and introduced an error, but I don’t recall specifically what it was.
- 2-3 – NEW – When do you plan on creating the section for Lts to be able to sign their Lt Handbook online? (Original Bug listed above from 1.21)
Can you send me the text of the Handbook. I apologize if you already did.
- 2.3 – NEW – Philip Fricano (captain of KA) should keep all permissions of Admin/Lt/ Officer, etc. but should not be listed as selectable on any Lt specific dropdowns.
Just need to remove Lieutenant from his permissions. Admin can already get to the members page, etc. Before doing so, we should probably reassign the 5 or so people that have him listed as their Lieutenant.
He is my uncle and will stay as the “Lieutenant” of that float. I just don’t want the public to be able to select him as their Lieutenant as only family ride with him. Can he be removed from any public facing dropdown lists?
- 11.19 – NEW – Due to cancelling the parade, all places where membership is open needs to be shut down and a message needs to be added that Membership is currently closed for the 2021 season in its place.
Registration is disabled
- 11.25 – Wonderful! – Just confirming that there are no backdoors or different links that would allow anyone to join at this point.
Shouldn’t be. No one has registered in a week. I’ll keep watching.
- 11.12 – NEW – We have decided to cancel all Karamel Korn Orders. This will require us to refund all current orders as well as “Hide” Karamel Korn on our KA Storefront.
- 11.12 – NEW – We will be selling brand new King Arthur Facemasks at an upcoming sale and will need the Face Masks to be available for purchase online. I have created a Product in Square as well as on WooCommerce > Products but I cant tell why the item is not linking to the Square entry. This would also require the Face Masks to be added to the dropdown on the Product Orders page if that is not an automated process. Please advise
Karamel Korn is no longer available for purchase. Not sure if you did it in Woocommerce or just updated it in Square. You have a product created for mask but it could use a picture, needs to be place in stock and any other details and then you have to hit the publish button. I believe by default it will appear in the store. Here’s the products page with the mask item: https://kreweofkingarthur.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product
There’s an import button if you create a new product in Square and want to pull it into Woocommerce. It says that will compare the SKU and pull in any that aren’t already in Woocommerce. You can find that button here: https://kreweofkingarthur.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-settings&tab=square
- 11.25 – I think I removed the Korn from showing on WooCommerce directly. As far as the “import all from Square” button. Thanks for the knowledge and that would be great to use but we have several items in Square that we don’t plan to sell online so it might be too much clutter to import everything.
- As far as stock on the Facemask is confirmed, I do have an item created and in stock (100) on Square. I even have the box checked on WooCommerce under facemask – inventory selected that says “sync with square” but the inventory simply will not update. Thoughts? Also, I did manage to add a picture of the item and I “published it even though 0 stock but it is still not showing on KA store.
12.1 The setting, Hide from Catalog when Out of Stock was checked. I unchecked it so you can see the Facemask in /shop. I’m not sure about the issue with square sync. Kevin may have an idea if it was working for other products. I think the SKU just has to be the same and I do see a square sync scheduled task running. Send me the credentials for square if you want me to take a look on that end. I’m not seeing the issue from WordPress.
- NEW – 12.1 – We need to refund all orders of Karmel Korn. May have an issue as I was just trying to refund the Linzy order and was met with an error that “Order is more than 120 days old – Cannot Refund”.
Is that from WooCommerce. Let’s try it from Square. I’ll poke around in square tomorrow.
- 12.8 – REPLY – The 4 month Notification that I reference above did indeed come from Woo. Also, Kevin and I were able to get the Masks to inventory sync. He thinks Path to do so is here: https://kreweofkingarthur.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-settings&tab=square§ion=update
Do we need to make changes here?
- 12.30 – We do not need to make any changes.
- NEW – 10.14 – Lieutenant Glen Miller, just informed me that one of his paid riders Michele Davis (email@example.com) cannot reset her password in order to accept indemnity. She is getting the “Password Reset – User with this username or email does not exist. Please check your entry and try again” message. I can see Michelle Davis associated with that same email on the KA site but nothing is being returned on WP. Thoughts?
– 10.21 – Looked up the user by email in WordPress and couldn’t find one so I made an account for them and emailed them their password.
- 11.10 – I keep deleting the user Nancy Watkins from the member listing on KA site and the profile keeps reappearing upon refresh. The member has asked to be removed. Please asvise
11.11 Small DB update required. Tested by deleting Nancy. Works now.
- 11.12 – NEW – I have to assign Pam Dean as an assistant Lieutenant but her email on the site is not the email she’d like to use going forward (firstname.lastname@example.org). Do I simply change the email on her KA profile and then proceed to assign her as Assistant Lt after that? Just want to be sure I won’t break anything if I proceeded to do so.
11.12 Change the email in WordPress and assign the role. The username will not change but they can login with their new email. Then also change their email in the /members table.
- 11.13 – REPLY – I was confirming that the assistant Lt assignment was correct but I no longer see Pam Dean when searching in Word Press…. Please advise
- 11.17 – NEW – Assistant Lt. Bryan Lowrie is not able to see any of the tables under his Assistant Lt access. He is NOT using Internet Explorer (using Safari but confirmed same behavior is shown in Chrome. Seems like something is incorrect.
- 11.17 – NEW – Member Mike Doran wants to change his email as he no longer can access the previously used email. Where exactly should I go about editing his email WordPress or KA site using Admin tools?
11.24 Both please.
- 11.25 – OK, I will attempt to change his email in both locations. Please confirm Mike Dorans email now reflects as email@example.com. I edited it on both location but WordPress seems to have the original email even after I saved to the new email address. In the future, can members complete this process of editing their emails on their own?? And if it went through successfully, will the groups/segments on MailChimp update automatically?
12.1 Looks good for Mike Dorans. I’ll add a way to update email option. It will just take a minute to make sure everything gets changed at once – WordPress, Mailchimp, Registration. I’ll update ticket when complete
- 2.15 – NEW – When clicking on members orders button all the way to the right of the Member listing page, the information pulled is persistent even when clicking another member. Definitely is a bug that we’ll need to address.
- – 10.8 – Create a button for Admins only to back out of accepted indemnification.
10.21 – Added to /members