- 2.12 – NEW – Would like to start on creating the Royalty signup page and mini site where anyone considered “Royalty” would be able to see their contracts, pay their dues, see their purchases (including ball tickets). This would be accessible by Admin, Site Admin and Royalty themselves.
- 2.3 – NEW – Maid Meghan Hartwell Bitoun spelling is incorrect. Her middle name is actually Harwell with no “T”. Please update in the picture section.
- 2.2 – NEW – After we reopen membership for 2022 we will need to come up with a solution for current paid members to “SWAP” their ride to another person who would gain the aforementioned ride after paying $100 plus tax to the Krewe via the Krewe store. Whatever monetary agreement the original rider and the new rider who pays the SWAP Fee has is between them and King Arthur has no assumption of responsibilities to refund the original rider any money. Further, the new rider is then responsible for filling out an application and signing indemnity while the original rider needs to be moved off of all current active listings seen by ADMINS and LTs/Asst Lts. Additionally, we will do our best to offer the new rider their preferred costume size but that is also not fully guaranteed. Again, this is something to focus on after membership has been reopened.
- 2.12 – NEW – We also need to add a DJ signup option for Lieutenants to sign up riders on their floats that they are paying to play music during the route. These members will get a costume but are not to throw beads or use any sort of Microphone. The cost for these DJ rides is undetermined as of yet but I will find out the additional details. Just wanted to be sure it was on the forward plan.
- – 9.17 – We have several plugin updates & theme updates. Are you planning to update to the current versions?
Martin to run all plugin updates and QA functionality.
- – 9.17 – NEW – I downloaded Woo Mobile with the intention of using it. It says we need JetPack plugin to do so but it seems like we already have JetPack plugin installed. Have you seen this before? If so what is the fix?
- NEW – 10.14 – Lieutenant Glen Miller, just informed me that one of his paid riders Michele Davis (email@example.com) cannot reset her password in order to accept indemnity. She is getting the “Password Reset – User with this username or email does not exist. Please check your entry and try again” message. I can see Michelle Davis associated with that same email on the KA site but nothing is being returned on WP. Thoughts?
– 10.21 – Looked up the user by email in WordPress and couldn’t find one so I made an account for them and emailed them their password.
- 11.10 – I keep deleting the user Nancy Watkins from the member listing on KA site and the profile keeps reappearing upon refresh. The member has asked to be removed. Please asvise
11.11 Small DB update required. Tested by deleting Nancy. Works now.
- 11.12 – NEW – I have to assign Pam Dean as an assistant Lieutenant but her email on the site is not the email she’d like to use going forward (firstname.lastname@example.org). Do I simply change the email on her KA profile and then proceed to assign her as Assistant Lt after that? Just want to be sure I won’t break anything if I proceeded to do so.
11.12 Change the email in WordPress and assign the role. The username will not change but they can login with their new email. Then also change their email in the /members table.
- 11.13 – REPLY – I was confirming that the assistant Lt assignment was correct but I no longer see Pam Dean when searching in Word Press…. Please advise
- 11.17 – NEW – Assistant Lt. Bryan Lowrie is not able to see any of the tables under his Assistant Lt access. He is NOT using Internet Explorer (using Safari but confirmed same behavior is shown in Chrome. Seems like something is incorrect.
- 11.17 – NEW – Member Mike Doran wants to change his email as he no longer can access the previously used email. Where exactly should I go about editing his email WordPress or KA site using Admin tools?
11.24 Both please.
- 11.25 – OK, I will attempt to change his email in both locations. Please confirm Mike Dorans email now reflects as email@example.com. I edited it on both location but WordPress seems to have the original email even after I saved to the new email address. In the future, can members complete this process of editing their emails on their own?? And if it went through successfully, will the groups/segments on MailChimp update automatically?
12.1 Looks good for Mike Dorans. I’ll add a way to update email option. It will just take a minute to make sure everything gets changed at once – WordPress, Mailchimp, Registration. I’ll update ticket when complete
- 2.15 – NEW – When clicking on members orders all the way to the right of the page, the information pulled is persistent even when clicking another member. Definitely is a bug that we’ll need to address.
- – 10.8 – NEW – When Renewing or signing up, can we implement an email verification to be sure members are using valid email address’ now and into the future?
On staging: https://staging.kreweofkingarthur.com/create-account/ I’ve set it up to send an email to verify with Mailchimp prior to being able to fill out the registration form. If you confirm the email, you are subscribed to Mailchimp and able to get to the form on /registration. See if the process works for you. You can use an email like: firstname.lastname@example.org and it will typically still get delivered to your email.
REPLY – 10.27 – I did use the staging link to create another account and I received the email from King Arthur but I did not get a verification email delivered to me from MailChimp. Is the email from King Arthur the only one I am to expect to receive? I’ve checked my junk as well. Thoughts?? I did get to the registration screen on the King Arthur site. Speaking of the King Arthur registration site, can you put the “CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO VERIFY WITH MAILCHIMP BEFORE REGISTERING” at the top of the page as opposed to at the bottom for max visibility.
- 2.23 – NEW – Please add the ability for ADMIN, Lieutenants and Assistant Lieutenants see who signed up a friends and family application. This way we can link apps together that were created by 1 individual in case they do not fill out any notes nor select a Lieutenant for the additional apps.
- I have sent the minor indemnity form to Lts and have started to get them back as signed. Thing is I cannot mark them as completed in order to remove them from the listing on the Admin Dashboard. Can you add an additional y/n to the minors profiles so they can be removed as them come back?
- 10.5.20 – I have been informed that we have more minors in the parade than you have listed on the Dashboard page. Examples are, Marleigh Pate, Brendan OKeefe, Keiran Okeffe & Conor Moore. All of these individuals have a birthday in 2007 or 2008 so not sure how they could have been missed from the first pull. Can we do another pull and 100% confirm all minors are listed out on the Dashboard page please?
You are right. There was an error in the birthday comparison. It’s corrected and minors are removed from the list if they are completed.
- NEW – 10.12 – Can we implement a Birthday check verification to use for minors to get the minor indemnification form emailed to an ADULT member along with their Lieutenant simultaneously? Almost like another pending step to the membership process that the minor’s ADULT and Lieutenant can see with ease.
1.5 Indemnification process set up to prompt for signature if parent is signing up or to email if kid or someone else is signing up. Testing today to make sure it’s working correctly.
- 1.5 – Perfect! Please remember to copy the Lt. as well as member on emails.
This is set up. If the parent/guardian is signing up their minor they can immediately sign their indemnity and their minor’s indemnity. If the minor is signing up or they specify that they are not the parent/guardian, they supply an email address for the parent who is emailed and parent is added to group in mailchimp.
- 1.13 – REPLY – Will this same process will be used for the rollover of 2020 to 2021 dues as well as brand new riders who are signing up for the first time in 2021?
Rollover members can see the memberships they paid for on the /my-account/memberships page. If they paid for a minor they can add their email in the parent/guardian email field and then sign the indemnity on the my-account/indemnities page
- 2.3 – NEW – Need a reset or updated list of minors on the Admin Homepage which I assume controls the notifications that the Lts and Assistant Lts see.
- 2.17 – NEW – There seems to be a lag with the Minor indemnification on the ADMIN Homepage. All of the below members show to have signed indemnity but are still showing under the Admin Homepage. If this page would function like the Lt Handbook signup and mark as completed when they are signed it would be a huge improvement. Lastly, this list is not complete as it may affect additional users. Olivia Meyer, Mackenzie Caballero, Isabella Roberts, Cameron Caballero.
- NEW – 9.22 – Change the name of the page from Obituaries to “Fallen Knights”. Can also include “King Arthur’s Fallen Knights” as a page header.
- – NEW – 10.15 – What are your thoughts on building in some sort ability into these posts? Over time it will probably get very cluttered without
- – NEW – 10.15 – I think it would be beneficial to add a Float Lieutenant Line per entry. This would allow members another choice to sort by. (In addition to recency.)
- – NEW – 10.15 – I also think breaking up the date of passing and the Years riding would help us with the sort ability in the future.
- – Talked to Kevin yesterday. John and myself now have Mailchimp accounts to send bulk emails but a few questions are below.
Asking Kevin to set me up as well. He did. I’m set up.
- – Which Tags/Groups should we be using to send emails? Kevin mentioned there should be some custom choices for the following but he doesnt see them: Lts, Paid, Non-Paid, Non-Indeminity, Inactive. (May add more as time goes).
Yes, look at the groups and let me know what we need that is missing. We have Unpaid and under Compliance if they are missing the indemnity or missing the costume field. We also have newsletter which means they chose yes on the registration form to receive a newsletter.
- REPLY – Great, in addition to the ones you mention we should have Groups for the following: Paid, Lts Only, Lts and Assistant Lts, Inactive.
These groups have been added.
- – REPLY – Can we also get a listing of fake emails (hard & soft bounce) so we can reach out to those individuals in the future.
Mailchimp “cleans” removes ability to send to bounces. I made a segment of the “cleaned” addresses in Mailchimp. I’ll email you the list that were cleaned and have signed up.
- – REPLY – Kevin mentioned he tried using the email directly from the website function for about 30 sends early in the development process but he encountered an error. Can you do more testing to verify that functionality works for at least 100 selections at a time?
It should be unlimited. Checking on this. It looks like it’s working for more than 30 selected members if they are contacts which should be the case for all members. It’s possible he tested it before we had all the addresses synching on a daily basis. I will look into the difference in numbers you mentioned below.
- 10.5.20 – I am only seeing 1,464 addresses total if I combine all of the segments you created. We have over 1500 signed up. would the missing members be because of the fake/bounced emails that were sent
I identified several fake addresses that were not on the Mailchimp list and added them. Cleaning shouldn’t delete them so I’m not sure why they were rejected on initial add. The discrepancy in the number now is cleaned or unsubscribed addresses. You can see the full list by clicking on the group.
- 10.5.20 – I have been asked to request an enhancement for when Lieutenants send an email to their float, that a confirmation email pop up, confirming that the email they are sending actually sent.
There is a confirmation message in red (failed) or green (sent). Additionally, they can always include themselves in the email.
- 10.6 – To clarify, the email confirmation is when Lieutenants send email from KA’s website, not by using MailChimp. Are you confirming that the red or green message shows up by sending email from KA’s site?
I’ll send an email with a screenshot of the messages.
- 10.6 – Lieutenants have asked to have the ability to send attachements to their respective email listings when using the KA page email portal. THey use this for Float position forms, Parade staging maps, etc.
Attachments are not possible. I’ll send you an instruction guide on what is possible.
- NEW – 11.10 – We need additional segment created for “Officers”. Also, the “Inactive” segment only has 1 member of that group which seems odd. Is it not finished being created?
11.11 We’ve only deactivated 1 person. They are active by default when they sign up. Are you looking for a group of everyone who is in Mailchimp that isn’t signed up for this year?
- 11.12 – REPLY – Thanks for creating the Officer segment on MailChimp but it seems that I have not been included (email@example.com). Further, Anne’s email should reflect firstname.lastname@example.org, Jason’s should reflect Jason@kreweofkingarthur.com, Michael’s should reflect email@example.com, Jacob’s should reflect Jacob@kreweofkingarthur.com & Chris’s should reflect firstname.lastname@example.org. I am still trying to get my Uncle (Philip Fricano) and John W on board with using the KA email as they say it is very slow and unreliable. Is there anything we can do in the future concerning that issue?
- And yes EXACTLY! If possible I’d like the Inactive group to be everyone that is signed up but not active for the current year. Of course this would change yearly so maybe we can build in logic on the backend to rotate actives/inactives yearly into segments without interaction on your part
- Do we have an email segment for members that have not indemnified online as of yet? Again this would change yearly or even daily so may be worth looking into automating the process of editing the segment as members may change as soon as it is created.
11.12 REPLY We’ve got a group in Mailchimp with the folks who don’t have an indemnity and another group for people without a costume. They are under the Compliance header in the groups page. Right now, we’ve got the various Mailchimp groups populated by a scheduled task. It runs every few minutes and updates 10 people at a time, adding/removing from the various groups. So it should run through everyone once a day and more or less keep things up to date in Mailchimp. The Officers group was populated that way. To change the emails, we can update them in WordPress and then also in the /members page and it should update the Mailchimp list within 24 hours. I’ll deactivate all those that aren’t signed up for this year and they should get picked up by the scheduled task.
- 11.13 – REPLY – Again just verifying that I was added to the Oficer froup and I am still not in the group. I will check again on Monday as the “push edit” may not have happened yet.
11.24 I can see you under officers. Inactive is also updating and should be up to date within 24 hours.
- 11.25 – REPLY – When I try to send a test Campaign to the Officer Group/segment, I only see 7 contact emails (Jason Tullos, Jacob Bitoun, Michael Knight, Chris Leonard, Anne Brown, Phil Fricano & John Wambsgans) but we have 8 Board Members. Also cannot help but notice that I am the only Board member why has their Kreweofkingarthur email on my member profile. Don’t know if its related.
Fixedish. We can change their emails just should probably be done in WordPress Users and /Members.
- 12.8 – REPLY – Now I do see 8 members of the OFFICER group in MailChimp (Vera was added) but I still do not see any reference to MY own email address email@example.com when sending an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
You don’t have Officer permissions in WordPress. To join the officer list, find your user in WordPress and give yourself Officer permissions and you should be added to the Mailchimp group in 24 hours.
- 12.30 – Under my user in WordPress, the “Additional Capabilities” section is not present as it is for all other users that I have tested. Mine does not have selectable options. Looks like my profile is hardcoded into ADMIN & LT roles…..
1.12 There should be a User Roles box just above Additional Capabilities. Sorry for the confusion. May be your view is different or just hard to find options. No matter, I went ahead and added the Officer to your user.
- 2.12 – NEW – I know you’ve done several things to try and clear out emails after a successful send but emails sent on the site are still not clearing out the body nor resetting recipients after a successful send.
- 2.24 – NEW – Would be beneficial to figure out a way for Lieutenants to change email on King Arthur website and that filter to all other mediums, WordPress, MailChimp groups, etc.
- – 9.16 – We have had a few people inquire about the possibility of a Non-Riding membership. This would allow them to keep up with what King Arthur is doing by being on the official email listing as well as be invited to all Official (non-ticketed) krewe events. This membership would cost $99 and be renewed yearly.