- – Talked to Kevin yesterday. John and myself now have Mailchimp accounts to send bulk emails but a few questions are below.
Asking Kevin to set me up as well. He did. I’m set up.
- – Which Tags/Groups should we be using to send emails? Kevin mentioned there should be some custom choices for the following but he doesnt see them: Lts, Paid, Non-Paid, Non-Indeminity, Inactive. (May add more as time goes).
Yes, look at the groups and let me know what we need that is missing. We have Unpaid and under Compliance if they are missing the indemnity or missing the costume field. We also have newsletter which means they chose yes on the registration form to receive a newsletter.
- REPLY – Great, in addition to the ones you mention we should have Groups for the following: Paid, Lts Only, Lts and Assistant Lts, Inactive.
These groups have been added.
- – REPLY – Can we also get a listing of fake emails (hard & soft bounce) so we can reach out to those individuals in the future.
Mailchimp “cleans” removes ability to send to bounces. I made a segment of the “cleaned” addresses in Mailchimp. I’ll email you the list that were cleaned and have signed up.
- – REPLY – Kevin mentioned he tried using the email directly from the website function for about 30 sends early in the development process but he encountered an error. Can you do more testing to verify that functionality works for at least 100 selections at a time?
It should be unlimited. Checking on this. It looks like it’s working for more than 30 selected members if they are contacts which should be the case for all members. It’s possible he tested it before we had all the addresses synching on a daily basis. I will look into the difference in numbers you mentioned below.
- 10.5.20 – I am only seeing 1,464 addresses total if I combine all of the segments you created. We have over 1500 signed up. would the missing members be because of the fake/bounced emails that were sent
I identified several fake addresses that were not on the Mailchimp list and added them. Cleaning shouldn’t delete them so I’m not sure why they were rejected on initial add. The discrepancy in the number now is cleaned or unsubscribed addresses. You can see the full list by clicking on the group.
- 10.5.20 – I have been asked to request an enhancement for when Lieutenants send an email to their float, that a confirmation email pop up, confirming that the email they are sending actually sent.
There is a confirmation message in red (failed) or green (sent). Additionally, they can always include themselves in the email.
- 10.6 – To clarify, the email confirmation is when Lieutenants send email from KA’s website, not by using MailChimp. Are you confirming that the red or green message shows up by sending email from KA’s site?
I’ll send an email with a screenshot of the messages.
- 10.6 – Lieutenants have asked to have the ability to send attachements to their respective email listings when using the KA page email portal. THey use this for Float position forms, Parade staging maps, etc.
Attachments are not possible. I’ll send you an instruction guide on what is possible.
- NEW – 11.10 – We need additional segment created for “Officers”. Also, the “Inactive” segment only has 1 member of that group which seems odd. Is it not finished being created?
11.11 We’ve only deactivated 1 person. They are active by default when they sign up. Are you looking for a group of everyone who is in Mailchimp that isn’t signed up for this year?
- 11.12 – REPLY – Thanks for creating the Officer segment on MailChimp but it seems that I have not been included (firstname.lastname@example.org). Further, Anne’s email should reflect email@example.com, Jason’s should reflect Jason@kreweofkingarthur.com, Michael’s should reflect firstname.lastname@example.org, Jacob’s should reflect Jacob@kreweofkingarthur.com & Chris’s should reflect email@example.com. I am still trying to get my Uncle (Philip Fricano) and John W on board with using the KA email as they say it is very slow and unreliable. Is there anything we can do in the future concerning that issue?
- And yes EXACTLY! If possible I’d like the Inactive group to be everyone that is signed up but not active for the current year. Of course this would change yearly so maybe we can build in logic on the backend to rotate actives/inactives yearly into segments without interaction on your part
- Do we have an email segment for members that have not indemnified online as of yet? Again this would change yearly or even daily so may be worth looking into automating the process of editing the segment as members may change as soon as it is created.
11.12 REPLY We’ve got a group in Mailchimp with the folks who don’t have an indemnity and another group for people without a costume. They are under the Compliance header in the groups page. Right now, we’ve got the various Mailchimp groups populated by a scheduled task. It runs every few minutes and updates 10 people at a time, adding/removing from the various groups. So it should run through everyone once a day and more or less keep things up to date in Mailchimp. The Officers group was populated that way. To change the emails, we can update them in WordPress and then also in the /members page and it should update the Mailchimp list within 24 hours. I’ll deactivate all those that aren’t signed up for this year and they should get picked up by the scheduled task.
- 11.13 – REPLY – Again just verifying that I was added to the Oficer froup and I am still not in the group. I will check again on Monday as the “push edit” may not have happened yet.
11.24 I can see you under officers. Inactive is also updating and should be up to date within 24 hours.
- 11.25 – REPLY – When I try to send a test Campaign to the Officer Group/segment, I only see 7 contact emails (Jason Tullos, Jacob Bitoun, Michael Knight, Chris Leonard, Anne Brown, Phil Fricano & John Wambsgans) but we have 8 Board Members. Also cannot help but notice that I am the only Board member why has their Kreweofkingarthur email on my member profile. Don’t know if its related.
Fixedish. We can change their emails just should probably be done in WordPress Users and /Members.
- 12.8 – REPLY – Now I do see 8 members of the OFFICER group in MailChimp (Vera was added) but I still do not see any reference to MY own email address firstname.lastname@example.org when sending an email from email@example.com.
You don’t have Officer permissions in WordPress. To join the officer list, find your user in WordPress and give yourself Officer permissions and you should be added to the Mailchimp group in 24 hours.
- 12.30 – Under my user in WordPress, the “Additional Capabilities” section is not present as it is for all other users that I have tested. Mine does not have selectable options. Looks like my profile is hardcoded into ADMIN & LT roles…..
1.12 There should be a User Roles box just above Additional Capabilities. Sorry for the confusion. May be your view is different or just hard to find options. No matter, I went ahead and added the Officer to your user.
- 2.12 – NEW – I know you’ve done several things to try and clear out emails after a successful send but emails sent on the site are still not clearing out the body nor resetting recipients after a successful send.
- 2.24 – NEW – Would be beneficial to figure out a way for Lieutenants to change email on King Arthur website and that filter to all other mediums with minimal issues for end user. WordPress, MailChimp groups, etc.
- 2.24 – NEW – A few Lieutenants have expressed interest in seeing the emails that they have sent from their queue within the King Arthur webpage. They’ve also stated that all emails are coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t know if that is possible but I will say that I would also like to continue seeing who is sending what through official krewe channels. Further, I don’t plan on giving any additional people access to MailChimp as that is the only place I know of to see all emails.